Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Thursday, November 10, 2011

October 24, 2011

This week, not much happened, I'm not sure why.  We taught some good lessons, had a really good one with Familia Rodriguez, they're really cool, they just need to get married.  We went in knowing what we were going to teach and really followed the spirit which was cool.   We were just going to try to commit them to come to church but by the end of the lesson they committed to read 3 Nephi 11 and have family prayer!  So we'll see if they do it, they didn't show up to church but neither did the members that were supposed to bring them so it's all good.  We got some new people in the zone which is always fun, really legit guys.  One guy is from The Colony in Texas and he knows exactly where Flower Mound is so random.  But yeah, also exciting, there was a guy who was robbing graves so they whipped him in the town square, that's how the law works. 
 
Mom, you'll be so proud of me, I sewed this week, I had to repair a button on a pair of pants so the sewing kit came in handy!  We also went to Xela this week for a meeting with our group, it was way good to see everyone again, I love my group, they're really good guys.  I hope to be comps with some of them at some point. Also, dad, I did LOVE Hollands talk, he's always a boss though, before he got up the elders were putting bets on what he would talk on, it was pretty funny.  About the temple, we have to bring 10 investigators to the open house to be able to go through, which didn't seem that hard until we found out that the mission isn't actually paying for transportation which majorly screws us over because it's a hundred quetz trip to Xela and it'll be nearly impossible for the members to pull that kind of money together, let alone investigators.  But we'll see, I hope we can go but.... yeah, I hope we can go.  And we'll be able to watch the dedication in Quiche but we can't go. 
 
Also, Mom, I would love for y'all to have the experience of riding in a microbus but we'll have to see haha, they're pretty crazy.  Also, I realized that my letters are starting to get shorter, sorry about that, I don't know if I'm writing less or if just less is happening but I'll try to work on it haha.  Love you all!!!  Hope you have a great week!
-Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment