Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Sunday, February 3, 2013

"A God of Miracles" 1/28/2013



Hi Family! How are you all doing? Good I hope. As for me and my week, it was good. I don't know if there was any one special moment that made it a good week, just consistent good things happening. We had A LOT of fallen citas but we came out having taught 24 lessons between investigators and less actives so that was a lot of fun :)  We were able to get with most of our investigators and the best news was that we set a fecha with Henry! HE'S BACK!  And he's stoked again, he says now he really feels ready to be baptized so on the 9th of February we're going to help him realize that desire.  It's really excellent to see how the spirit of the Lord has worked on him to give him these desires that he now has to truly follow Christ and walk in his way. He even payed his tithing, so that was super cool.

We were also able to go with Amelia and Evelyn and they came to church AGAIN. We were going to put the fecha but we couldn't, the baby was crying and I think Amelia was super distracted. But we'll keep trying, don't worry. 
 

 
 
 
 
I'm also including a picture of a Book of Mormon from 1952 that I found in a used book store this week for 10 quetz haha.
 
 
 
 
 
 
And last, just a cool scripture photo :) One of my favorites.  (Mormon 9:11)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 Also, Juan, a guy that has been to a couple FHEs with a family here was also able to come to church yesterday so that was a big improvement :) As far as specific news or stories, I'm a little short this week, just having a good time, my comp rocks.  We just joke around a lot. It's good stuff.  But he's a really good teacher as well and so it all works out.  We have a conference tomorrow with Elder Martino and then another one on Friday so we're pretty stoked about that.  It's good stuff.  So I'm pretty stoked for this week, it'll be great! 
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! Have a great week everyone!
Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment