Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Gospel Brings So Much Happiness!! 2/11/2013



Hey there family, obviously the photos attached are not in need of much description. Henry was indeed baptized on Saturday evening in a very special service, very strong spirit that confirmed to all present that what we were doing was absolutely the will of the Lord.


Makes me think of a family that was baptized one year ago today, congratulations to the family Castillo, exactly one year ago they too were entering the waters of baptism. I received a phone call from Walter this morning telling me that all was going ahead as planned for the sealing, they have already began their classes for temple prep and I'm blown away by the progress that they have had. What a wonderful family, what a wonderful plan that our Heavenly Father has given us, the opportunity to be together forever. What a blessing :) The best part is that it's extended to all people! We can all receive this blessing if we will be but faithful to the commandments of God.
 
Now about the rest of the people we are teaching, this week was stake conference so not very many people attended. Juan did though! Which was a huge surprise, he's seriously confused and is trying to decide between our church and the evangelical church. He told us on Friday that he was pretty much evangelical but thanks for the invitation to stake conference so we thought we'd lost him, but he showed up to stake conference so we'll see what happens. We're going to FHE there tonight so we'll see what Juan has to say.  
 
Amelia couldn't go but we do know (from her employer) that she quit her job that she had for Sunday afternoons so now she'll have the entire day free and she said that she was going to start going to church so we're pretty stoked for that :) We challenged her to baptism and she accepted so we're pretty stoked ;)
 
Julieta, we visited her with President on Wednesday and she also accepted an invitation to be baptized. Unfortunately, her son got sick Saturday night so she couldn't come to church but she seems a lot more positive now that she's started to READ!!!! So we're seeing some progress there.  
 
As far as I go, I'm super duper! Actually a really good week personally. I've been studying some really interesting things with regards to covenants and the covenants that I've made and the promises associated. I had an interview with President to renew my recommend and lets just say that I learned a lot of things. I'm really just feeling great, life is great, the mission is great. All of it.  
 
If I had any advice for new missionaries, it would be to just chill.  Life here in Xela and the mission is chill, you can find almost anything you need (unless you're in Momos).  Just don't focus too much on the "stuff" that you bring, you won't end up needing the majority of it. Clothes, books, bathroom supplies, the essential. And a good umbrella ha ha. Things not on the list but needed, nothing really. What do I wish I had known? That the mission really is just the best thing every, everyone says it but it's really true. The gospel brings so much happiness to our lives when we truly live it and that's what the mission is, we teach others the gospel and at the same time learn how to live it ourselves. I love the gospel, I love the Lord, I love my family, all 3 rock!  
 
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!! 
Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment