Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

All is Well!! 11/12/2012

Okay, first off, I'm sure Walter already told y'all but I'm fine from the earthquake. I did feel it, it was actually pretty crazy. I was on divisions with Elder Parry from my group and we actually had to take cover it was so strong, I've never felt anything like that, pretty crazy. But here in Quiche, nothing really happened.  Everything was fine, in the aldeas some houses fell but here in Chichi the buildings are pretty strong so that's chill. But it was crazy, I'm sure you know but it was a 7.2 earthquake, pretty nuts but everything is fine :) Now, the news. I have changes! Yeah, after only 3 weeks, I have changes and am leaving Chichicastenango.  I was pretty surprised but President Bautista called me at 6:31 this morning to tell me.  I'm going back to Xela but right in the center of Xela, its gonna be pretty fun I think because I'm going with someone from my group, Elder DeLora.  It's gonna be great :) So that's my big news for the day, I'm going to have to go down tomorrow morning so that'll be fun :) 

I'm glad that y'all enjoyed so much your trip to Hawaii. I'm still pretty set on Disneyland but we'll see if y'all convince  me ;).  Either way, it'll be a fun trip :) As for me this week actually went really, really well. We had an excellent lesson with the family Ventura (Oscars family) and the entire family came to church yesterday, the entire family! Well, not the entire, two little kids stayed home to watch the house but either way, 6 investigators in sacrament meeting yesterday and ask Nicole how great that is :)  We have to pass them off to the hermanas here in Chichi but we're really hoping they get baptized and it seems they will :)  Apart from that, we had an excellent lesson with Carmen.  She is just the nicest lady you've ever met in your entire life.  The spirit is always so strong when we meet with her, I have the strongest feeling that Heavenly Father really, really wants her to receive the gospel at THIS time in her life, she needs it for some reason and if she prays I know she'll have her answer.  One thing I've seen in this area is how the Lord truly puts prepared people in our way.  He truly wants us to find his children and if we but look, we will find them. 

I feel like this letter is super short but really it's all that happened. We spent a lot of the week with members looking for less actives but with very little success ha ha.  Also I was in divisions for a lot of the time so that made it hard as well.  But it was a good week.  I'm glad for the time I could be here in Chichi and I hope that I can keep working hard in my new area.  My comp is LEGIT and I'm stoked to work with him.  It'll be a good companionship. 

LOVE YOU ALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! Elder Westenstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment