Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Monday, May 28, 2012

HUISTAS!!! 5/21/2012


First off, I must address a few issues. Chase and Lauren are going to Disneyland?? To clarify, I am not upset about this, just that this officially certifies that we NEED to go to Disneyland Christmas of 2013, we NEED to go ha ha.  Moving on.

That’s way legit that Mothers day was so good for ya mom, that’s how it should be and I’m stoked that you enjoyed it so much :)  Extra love one week later :)  And dad, how did all your crazy New York meetings go?  Hope not too bad ha ha.  

Now, about me.  I realized that last week I forgot to mention my comp.  His name is Elder Gonzalez and he’s from Mexico City, Mexico.  He’s pretty cool and we get along pretty well.  Everything is going pretty smooth :)  As for us, I know you’re also worrying about investigators.  Well, the problem is that we don’t really have anybody positive ha ha.  But we have people that could become positive.  I’ll give you a little rundown on them.  First off, there’s a lady named Johanna.  Her daughter got baptized in March and she’s investigating too.  She’s got her and another daughter that are baptism age.  She’s afraid to go to a church because she knows that she’ll have to change and give up a lot of things.  The thing she really lacks is just to pray and ask if it’s true.  She’s cool though.  Next is Edvin. He has pretty much the same problem as Johanna.  He just needs to pray, he already knows what the answer will be but yeah.  He also studies in the weekends in Xela so he’d have to attend there so that’s a problem.  He smokes too, but we did a deal this week that for every cigarette he doesn’t smoke between last Thursday and tomorrow I have to eat a Jocosh.  (also known as a fried ant) GROSSSS! So far I’m having to eat 11 tomorrow so.... yeah.  Not excited about that (except for the fact that he’s hardly smoked!)  There’s also a guy named Ovidio. He was living in Utah before and attending there ("Because there was no other church") he told us ha ha. But he also needs to pray, that’s really what everybody needs to do ha ha.  Apart from them, there’s a couple others but I’ll keep it for another week ;)  We’ll see what happens with them :)

But, there were a few interesting happenings this week.  First off, we decided that the branch needs some fire, so we’re starting to have branch council next week with all the leaders of the branch to get ourselves more organized and the members more involved in the work.  So we’ll see how that goes.  Also, I had my first door slammed in my face this week, 2 of them in fact!!  Also, I tried 1 jocosh, so every ones favorite Elder Westenskow has officially eaten a fried ant.  Hooray for me!  It wasn’t gross, it tasted fine just the thought of eating an ant was gross ha ha.  Also, this week on Friday we go to Huehue to have a conference and they’re going to bring pouch so I should get the birthday package there!  We really just need new investigators but we had another week of 40 contacts and wer’e waiting for the blessings from that ha ha.  
LOVE YOU ALL!! Wishing you the best!
-Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment