Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Opening a New Area 4/15/2013

This is my zone, the best zone in the world! Love them!!



  





A little boy who has less time in this life than I have in the mission!

And he walks and talks ha ha!












A farewell party some of the members threw me. Good people!

They even brought investigators! Gotta love 'em!



So mom, to address your concerns, I am feeling much better. The whole 'at the point of death' thing was an exaggeration ha ha. A bit of sarcasm that I threw in, sorry if it worried you :) About the Guate trip, sounds good for me, when does school start would be the only concern.  As for Cunén and Huistas, I can explain the details later but Quiche would be more like a day trip, leave early from Xela maybe, hit Chichi in the morning, Cunén in the afternoon, cross over to Huehue and go up to Huistas, up there there are a bunch of super nice hotels so that's the idea I had.

About UVU and housing, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for Meagan to look into some stuff.  And Dad has officially converted to Apple, I knew the day would come ha ha. Good job dad, but what are you going to do with all your old stuff now? ;) ha ha Just kidding.  

Now about us, to be completely honest, we had a slow week but an excellent week, and towards the end it all came together! Still the best thing was Bernabe! He's super stoked for baptism and all of it! In the cita this week he was like "I know the step that I'm taking and I'm 100 percent sure of what I'm doing and I'm not going to doubt in any moment" So that was intense.  He went to church yesterday so he's all set on requirements and all of it, so the dude that takes my place will be coming into a baptism ha ha.  

And y'all read that correctly, Elder Westenskow has changes! I'm ready for changes too, I love my area its just... really small :-)  But I received the double notice that in addition to changes I'm going to be TRAINING again! That's right a third time training (seeing as I only have 2 changes left it's my last opportunity so I'm super stoked, I really wanted to train again) but that's not all.  I'm going to be opening a completely new area to missionary work. You heard that right, where I'm going there have NEVER BEEN MISSIONARIES! As far as I understand it there's not a single member. I have to attend church in a nearby town until the work gets up and going a bit. But holy cow I don't think I've ever been so stoked for changes. I'm going to a place called San Andres Xecul in Totonicapan (a quick search on Google maps will give you an indication of how it is) and I AM SUPER STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know where to start there but I'm excited to have the guidance of the Holy Spirit in this new assignment.  As far as I know this is only like the 3rd time that President Bautista has opened an area completely to missionary work and the first time that he is opening an area that has NEVER had missionaries. I'M SUPER STOKED! I'm excited for the confidence that President and the Lord have put in me to be able to to this, and all while training.  It'll be an exciting finish to my mission for sure!  

Also, I just got an email from Walter, seems like the date for their sealing is going to be the 24th of this month, super stoked for that!  LOVE YOU ALL!!! Can't wait to write next week with how things go! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

Pray for me.

Elder Westenskow

Looks like the shoes ALMOST made it to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment