Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Good News!! 9/17/2012

I have good news, our good friend Walter (y'all should really remember him haha) was officially ordained an Elder in the church last Sunday.  SUUUUUPER excited about that and we should all congratulate him. Entonces, Walter, se que ud recibe esta carta, por parte de todos, le felicitamos bastante por haber sido ordenado Elder en la Iglesia de Jesucristo.  Ahora tiene la responsabilidad y privilegio de bendecir a su familia, a sus hijos, y a todos los que lo necesiten.  :) Felicitaciones.  

Now, reading a little about your idea for the Guate trip, I had an idea. If we did it from like a Friday or Saturday until a Monday or Tuesday.  That way we could attend church twice as a family in Guatemala, once in the area of Nicole's choice and the other, my choice.  Just an idea that I had :) Also, y'all had an AWESOME!!!!!!!!! week haha.  But for reals, super duper adventures from last week, glad y'all could get out and de-stress a little bit and just have a good time (even though the plane had super duper issues haha).  But ya made it!  (PS, as I write this I'm trying to send photos of our pday adventure today which was to go to a cave and it was actually pretty cool but internet again is slow, sorry we're in San Antonio).  
 
Elders Vega, Garcia, Westenskow and Dautel
 
Now, my week.  I fear this email may be a little short but it's just packed full of great info and good news so I hope that'll make up for it :)  First off, Pablo.  FINALLY, we're getting down to it.  We just busted out a bunch of doubts that he has and finally just challenged him to ASK God during the sacrament at church on Sunday so hopefully he did it and we'll find out tomorrow :)  But we're feeling pretty good about it :)  

We also had a really cool Noche de Hermanamiento.  We had an open air cinema with 'The Testaments'.  People came to paint the church without much notice so last minute we threw it together and it turned out great.  We made popcorn and did it in the patio of one of our members, it was super great :)  Everyone seemed to like it.

Now, Ogler.  This kid is LEGIT!  I've met quite a few young men who come to meet the church through a girl and they all the sudden become very "interested" in the church.  And initially, I'll admit, that's what I thought here.  But no, this kid is LEGIT!  I don't have a lot of details because there's not a lot of details to tell.  But after the first lesson he came back and was like "I read what you said, I prayed, and I got my answer" he then proceeded to describe to us the feeling of the spirit that came to him.  It was GREAT!  Now, we met with him on Saturday and tried to put for sure the fecha for the 22nd.  He told us, "I'm not sure, I feel like I should wait, and my mom says it's fast" stuff like that so we're like "okay, we know that you can be ready and prepared for that date, if you put your part.  If you strive and do the best you can, you will get to that day and know that its the right thing to do.  But ask God, ask him if you should be baptized that day and he'll tell you" so he left with that.  Came to church on Sunday and told us that he had gotten his answer and told us that he knew he needs to be baptized on Saturday.  SO WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BAPTISM!!!!! After more than 3 changes of working hard and having sooooo many people sooooo close, something is finally going to go through.  It's an incredible feeling :) We're very excited if you can't tell :)  

Apart from that were still looking for positive people and having kinda a hard time finding them but I'll always keep y'all updated, sorry for the lack of pics LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!!!!!
Elder Westenstorm

No comments:

Post a Comment