Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hey There All!! 3/5/2012

HEY THERE ALL!!  Pretty good week this week!  

As far as food, we haven't eaten anything crazy this week, we've started going to the Castillo's for lunch and he's made us steak, chicken, good stuff, and more good stuff!  To answer your question about Victor, its him, his wife (they told us they were married at least ha ha) and a 7 year old kid, so yes a family. They had an emergency last week and had to go to Peten but we should be able to meet them this week.  As far as Edwin, I don't really know, they didn't come to church again but I think they had to go out of town or something because we went by on Saturday and they weren't home either.  So yeah, and I do now keep EVERYTHING in my backpack in Ziploc.  And I'm keeping eyes out for the package, hope it comes this week. 

Am I enjoying training?  Yes and no, it's good but its stressful, plus 2 hour comp study is a little rough but I'm getting used to it.  How much does the responsibility change my daily routine?  Not a whole ton except for that I'm always thinking in backup plans now and I'm a lot more goal focused, I don't know why, but completing goals is a lot more important to me.  Is it as hard as I thought, maybe not hard but different for sure.  

As for this week.  Very, very, very fast week, I thought back and thought that nothing really happened, but upon reviewing my journal I found some good stuff :)  As for Jerson, the fecha is still there but we found some difficulties.  His parents didn't know that he's been coming to church and been meeting with us. He talked to them a little bit and I guess they were a little ticked but they gave him permission to meet with us, but they have no interest in meeting with us.  However, I talked to President about it and he gave us some ideas to get in with the family. He hasn't talked to them about baptism though so well see what happens there ha ha.  With Walter, he's working his tail off. He's always inviting people to come over and he's becoming a powerful teacher, the words aren't always perfect but the spirit is. The change we've seen in him is remarkable.  I remember the first visit with him, walking in and he tells us he won't go to church with us straight up. Yesterday evening we went over and they were watching the YSA broadcast on BYUTV and he was reading the scriptures and showing them to his family.  Amazing :)  Were also mas o menos (more or less) teaching Walters brother, it's hard because he works so hard but were trying, updates to come :) 

Karina and Gustavo update, on Wednesday we went with the Bishop and the Flakes (senior missionary couple) to go visit them and they both taught powerfully. Talked about habits for life, the importance of living the gospel and taking care of the family.  Really an excellent visit :)  We also went this week for a ward activity in San Mateo.  President Bautista came and talked for a minute and then we went on divisions with members to go contact their friends and family. We ended up contacting a guy and teaching a lesson, it wasn't that positive of a contact but I went out with a future missionary and he was able to get a taste of mission life :) 

To finalize, has anyone heard anything from/about Jason? He's got a few weeks home and I'm curious how he's doing ha ha.  Also HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD ON WEDNESDAY!!!!  (That calendar really works ;)) Hope y'all have a fantastic day and enjoy yourselves, all who are sick, feel better!  LOVE YOU!!
-Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment