Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Thursday, January 12, 2012

WELCOME HOME NICOLE!! 1/2 & 1/9/2012

1/2/2012

Howdy y'all!  First off, Mom, a favor.  I need Maranda's email, she writes me dearelders de vez en cuando and I definitely need to get back to her, I just have no way lol.  From last week, the Raikes Christmas party sounds legit, they've got to be fun people if they're Corie's parents and I actually believe I've met them a couple times and they seem legit.  I'm glad y'all could go and have a good time :)  AND Clam Chowder at Grandmas.   

This week was kinda rough because of all the parties but we managed to have some good stuff.  First off, while I'm thinking about it, I really apologize for no letters, its almost impossible to send them from my zone.  I have about 4 piled up that I need to send so you'll just end up getting a bunch at once lol.  But I am keeping up on it and you will get them one day, again, sorry about that haha.  But yeah, we found a new family, the family Alvarado. They're a young couple with a baby.  They are born and raised evangelists but they seem open to the idea.  They're intelligent and really like the idea of having a prophet on the earth.  They're going to pray and ask and we have a return cita so well see what happens there. 

We're also still making progress with Walter, slow but steady.  He basically told us he wants to be baptized and we almost put the fecha but it didn't seem right for some  reason, we're going to keep going though. We just want him to assist at least once more before we baptize him so yeah, but we'll probably put the fecha this week.  Also, I don't know if I told y'all about Geronimo but he is a reference we got from the office.  He basically outlined the Book Of Mormon for us and then said they were just ideas that he had... weird dude.  But he really likes the Book of Mormon so were basing everything off that haha. 

I hit 6 months this week.... what the flip?  Have I really been gone half a year?  This time thing sucks.... I don't like it haha.  But not a whole ton happened this week but what did happen was good.  We passed the new year on the roof.  Watching fireworks for like a half hour and then trying to get some sleep haha. 

About Nicole, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 24!  Also, have a good time receiving her, but give her some time to adjust, don't just throw worldly things at her, do it like a really cold pool haha, she'll take some time to adjust haha.  But do some fun stuff, enjoy yourselves (I'm sure you will) and tell her not to make any typical food til I get home,  I want to help and I've got some plans haha. 

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
-Elder Westenskow


1/9/2012
So this computer is crap so no pictures this week.... sorry lol.  But yeah.   

SO, about the house,  how is it having Meagan and Brad around?  SEPARATE!  How is it having Nicole back?  Pretty fantastic I can imagine.  I've adjusted pretty well to the fact that she's home but it's weird haha.  I love that the cardboard me has become the new rat game, like a rat game on steroids.  And to address a subtle concern, I promise we're obedient mom haha. 

As for us, I'll start with Walter.  We had a baptism showdown this week.  We just brought it up very bluntly and talked about where he was, what he's feeling about it and all that stuff.  He told us basically that he wants to, he wants to be baptized.  But if hes going to do something he always does it right "I'm a head, not a tail"  so we talked to him and he told us that he wants to be able to be going to church every week before he'll do it.  He said in two weeks he should be there!  SO we should have a fecha soon but HE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!!  New Years sounds like you guys had a good time but I expect a party when I get back!! 

Dad asked if I get Cunén updates and the answer is at the Christmas conference I talked to the Elders that are there now and the family we reactivated are still going and going strong!  WE DID GOOD WORK THERE!!  I also gave him some people to look up so yay!  About our other investigators, Geronimo is going somewhat well.  He still hasn't come to church but he committed to go next week.  We're going to see him with our Bishop tonight so maybe that can help.  Also, he prayed about the Book Of Mormon and he says its TRUE!!!  So that's always a good step!. 

Alright well my computer just crashed because this Internet place is a piece of crap (kinda frustrated if you can tell so I lost some of the email but the important stuff is there. Except for we haven't had water for 9 days so we're moving to a new house tomorrow... again haha.  But we're excited to be able to wash dishes and shower lol.  LOVE YOU ALL!!
-Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment