Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Ask in Faith"1/16/2012


To answer your question on how I'm feeling, I've been a bit under the weather this weekend but I'm improving.  We stayed in the house almost all of Saturday and yesterday so I could sleep but my fever won't break (it fluctuates between 99.3 and 102 haha) but I'm getting better and tomorrow I plan to be 100 percent :)  so that kinda ruined the weekend but we had a really good week.  We didn't teach Geronimo and nothing big happened with family Alvarado but the biggest focus was WALTER.  Upfront, we didn't put the fecha. We planned to, but it didn't feel right and sometimes you just have to trust the spirit.  But we had an excellent week with him.  We watched the Joseph Smith movie with them and every time that something about baptism would come up he'd whisper to his kids something simple like "that's how they baptize" or "see how they do it"  really, really cool.  Plus he knows who people are, it showed Brigham Young and before it even said his name he's like "that's Brigham Young"  Legit.  We also had an FHE with the family Castillo (Walter) and our Bishops family which was AWESOME!!  Bishop says he looks really positive and he thinks that he'll be an excellent addition to the ward after he's baptized. Bishop loves the guy!  Also, we taught him the Sabbath day and he told us that he's already doing the things that he needs to be able to live the sabbath day SOON.  We set the date for him to come to church the 29th and to not miss a Sunday after and he was down.  :)  He told us that he had 3 goals, 1. to be able to attend every Sunday without missing  2. Have family home evenings (he wants to have some and invite some of his friends for us to teach... we really don't know what to think anymore) and 3.... he said he forgot but that was after thinking about it for a minute and we're SURE that its baptism.  Because we've talked about it and he's said that he wants to do it and he just wants to wait until he can attend.  He really is out of control.  If he goes the 29th and the Sunday after then he can be baptized the 10th of February which is still this change which would be before Ronfeldt goes which means that the 2 of us would be the ones to baptize him :)  Also, if I baptize him and they go with the goal of being sealed in a year, I'll still be here and I can go to the sealing if they invite me... which they will haha. 

So yeah, other than that we changed houses and its MUCH better the one were in now, I included some pictures, the horrible green color was not our choice but it is funny. 






Also, on Sunday BOTH Karina and Gustavo came to church. Karina has been pilas but its been hard to get her husband there but they were both there yesterday and they had all their himnarios and gospel principles and stuff covered in contact paper so funny.   Also, the only lesson we had yesterday (I woke up, went, came back, and fell back asleep haha)  was an FHE with a family reference from someone in our ward.  The guy is like "well, we were strong in a church but then we decided to stop going so were kinda iffy on where to go, but we'll see if God touches my heart" and we watched the restoration and after he was like "well, God touched my heart but were still kinda iffy but I guess what you have to do is ask with faith what's right because if you don't ask in faith you won't get an answer " and we're like "yeah... that's exactly it haha"  it was a good lesson, and they said they'd come to church :)  I think that's it for the week.. About the whole details and pictures of Nicole coming back.  Some of both would be good, just like y'all I don't like being in the dark totally haha. 

So yeah, LOVE YOU ALL!!! Have a fantastic week.
-Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment