Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Monday, December 19, 2011

I Had My First Baptism!! 12/5/11

Hey there!  This email may be a bit disorganized but... well... you'll all be okay for it :) 

So, Dad, I'm glad you liked the talk.  The method isn't perfect but it works well enough :)  And I'm glad you're still enjoying the letters (silly names and all).  I LOVED the story about the cardboard cutout in the shower.  And speaking of the rat, has anyone seen it for a while? haha.  And about getting along with my comp, it's going great!  There's always the little ticks about anyone that'll bug you if you spend 24/7 with them but overall everything is going great! He's a great elder, a hard worker, and I'm really enjoying my time and not looking forward to when it ends.  We don't really share any interests, in fact, were pretty much complete opposites but it leads to some fun conversations haha. 

I'll get to the teaching people later haha.  The weather here, COLD!  We went to church yesterday and I'm not joking when I say it was Idaho winter semester weather.  There was frost on the ground and we were DYING from the cold haha.  My clothes and shoes are holding up really well!  Everything is serving perfectly.  Also I'm glad to know I'm still the rock band master, in 19 months I'll probably have to take some time to get back into the groove but it'll be good :)  And I was really glad to hear about moms health :)  

I loved hearing about Dads family history work too, sounds like a lot of fun and a really useful work to be doing! 

This week was a little rough, we didn't get as much done as we wanted to but we still worked hard, trying to contact all the temple references.  We had a super good lesson with W this week, he's really progressing.  From last week saying he wouldn't tell us that he would go to church he's now telling us that he'll do everything possible to get to church next week haha so he's looking good :)   and Y are becoming less positive but we're going to try to meet them a few more times before we give up :)  

Also, we moved this week.  After dividing the area we lived really far from where we work so we found a new house this week and moved in.  It's a really nice house and I'll get pictures next week :)  On Saturday we had a really special event.  K, the investigator that we inherited from the sisters, was married and baptized.  I HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM!  I attended one of the sisters but it was amazing to see someone I've gotten to know and love get into the water, my first baptism!!!!!  Good stuff :)  Next week we'll for sure have a good week, we've got some good plans to find new people and get teaching more and more, should be getting some January baptisms as well :) 

LOVE YOU ALL!
-Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment