Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Monday, December 19, 2011

Quetzaltenango Temple Dedication 12/12/11

Hey there!

First off, I think this email might be a bit short, we had a kinda rough week but no worries :)  Life is good.  First, I'm glad to hear that the Christmas party went well! And mom, sweet job on Battle of the Bands, I'm sure it was rad!  And the Haycock party sounds fun too!  I'm feeling good and healthy and fine inside, no worries on health.   

This week was alright.  We did divisions and I went with Elder W's trainer for a day which was fun, he's a fun guy and we had a good day :)  We've also been developing this week a really good plan for the area.  President in January is going to give us a pair of senior, working missionaries just to work with less actives to increase attendance!  It'll be really rad I think, and it'll help a lot!  The two main events this week were a lesson with W and the temple dedication.  W is really the only investigator who is going anywhere, everyone else seemed really positive at first and is now avoiding us haha.  So yeah.  But W is really really progressing.  He's committed to go to church with us.  He's really trying to develop faith and understand all of the things we teach.  I'm not sure I've ever felt the spirit as strong in a lesson, it was amazing.  He's just such a legit guy, really trying his hardest to develop the faith he's looking for and follow Christ, I love this guy!

The biggest event was the temple dedication.  We got to attend all 3 sessions which was awesome!  Elder Anderson and President Uchtdorf came and talked in all 3 and they were just really amazing!  It was such a blessing to be able to go!  I gave a really good rundown in the letter that I sent this week so I won't spoil too much here but it was just amazing!  Really a blessing to be able to attend all 3 and feel the spirit and listen to the prayer that many times.  Really just very grateful for that opportunity.  I'm really just so glad to be here, we've had a rough couple weeks but were staying strong and keeping faith that things will work out :)  Love you guys!
Have a great week, the church is true!
-Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment