Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Thursday, July 4, 2013

I Am So Grateful 7/1/2013

Hey There Familiares,

How's it all going? Super good I hope! I've included a few epic pictures from the heights of San Andres, the pueblo in the back is my area.



So, just because mom asked, I do have a couple ideas for when I get home. That night, I figure that I will be getting home fairly late but what I would like to do is just get some dinner, something to go if we can and just go home and talk for a little and then go to bed. Then after that all the normal festivities will begin but that first night I kinda want to try to maintain still the missionary spirit. That weekend, I do want to have a Rock Band and pizza party with the crew (I need to meet all the new members ha ha) and apart from that I just want to eat at all the super good restaurants (Red Robin, BWW, In and Out, Five Guys, etc.) So that's pretty much all the plans that I have. Hope we can work it out. Also, I need to buy new like, everything!

Now, on to the not baggy stuff. This week was good, a little slow on the finding end which was our focus but it turned out good because PEDRO IS BEING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!! YOU HEARD IT RIGHT FAMILY, I AM NOT LEAVING THIS AREA EMPTY!!!!! PEDRO IS BEING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And he's really excited about it. Best way ever to leave the mission I think. We have some other progressing investigators as well. A guy named Erick who we were able to put a fecha for the 20th of this month.  Really a prepared person, he came to church all 3 hours yesterday and went to a Stake YSA activity in the afternoon so that's super cool!  

So this week we'll be finding new investigators and working hard! I love you all! Sorry this is short but I think mom was right, there's really not a whole ton more to say. I am so grateful for all that has happened in the last 2 years, that I was called to the mission I was called to, that I had the companions that I had, that I had the opportunity to be a leader in the ways that were permitted, that I was able to meet all the people that I have met. The good days, the bad days, everything in between.  It has all been so guided by the Lord, by revelation in such a way that the person who has most benefited by my service is me. I love this work, I love this gospel, I love the Lord. All I have, I owe to him, his work, his church, and his gospel. I cannot wait to see you all but I am going to absolutely kill myself this week working, have to make it count.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!! 
Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment