Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Monday, May 6, 2013

"If You Are Faithful You Will Be Together Forever" 4/29/2013

Dear Family,
This week was super good for a few reasons!  But on to y'all first, hope that you all had an excellent Soderskow weekend, I think I'll be at the next one? Who knows ha ha, hope so. Either way, hope that it was fun for ya! Also, training is cool, it's a lot of fun, my kid is pilas and wants to learn so that's a great thing. And my house was all figured out when I got there so that was easy, I won't say too much because I want to send pictures. It's a pretty crazy house though. Also, Elder Stephens is in my zone, had no idea that I knew him before the mission ha ha. But that was pretty crazy talking about Flower Mound and stuff.
Now my week, we had to go down to Xela a few times this week, once for a multizone conference, once for a trainers meeting, and once for the SEALING OF THE CASTILLO FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best trip was definitely that one! But in the conferences president made a few jokes about how I'm super old in the mission ha ha. Felt weird realizing that me and my group have more time than ANY other missionary in this mission ha ha. But the sealing was so incredible, I really don't have words to describe it, but it left me very, very grateful for this gospel and the amazing blessing that we have to know it and be a part of it. After doing the sealing the temple president just stood the family in front of all of us that were there and said "You are now an eternal family, if you are faithful you will be together forever" everyone was crying. It was incredible. 




So yeah, as for the work, it's hard to give too many specifics because we're really still trying to get someone to progress. We have one named Rudy but we found out this week that in spite if his interest in the church and the gospel and all of it he is the "young mens president" so to speak of the Catholic Church. So that makes it super hard for him to go to church on Sundays with us even though he wants to.  So we're working there. We have a lot of people that we are working with and seeing what we can do. We're just going crazy and working all day every day. Love it! LOVE YOU ALL! Love this work! Love this area!  You all rock!

Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment