Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Psalms 46:10-11

Monday, July 4, 2011

I Love This Place!

HEY!
 
What's up everyone?!?!   Everyone here is so nice!  It's crazy, it's like Texas on steroids (or on the spirit, you choose).  I really am loving it here. 
 
We're part of a pilot program where we teach real investigators.  We taught a guy names Jesus yesterday, he's a nonmember friend of our teacher, knows nothing about the church and speaks no English.  And we taught him.  Yesterday.  In Spanish.  It was a completely nerve wracking, frustrating, incredible, spiritual experience.  It was crazy, I could understand him a lot better than I could speak so I could understand the questions he was asking but I couldn't give him the answers.  We all planned out these scripts pretty much and then we were astounded  when he asked a question, silly us.  He asked me how he could be with his family forever and I didn't know how to tell him, it was AWFUL!  I knew the answer, I just couldn't tell him, I'm not sure I've wanted to tell anyone something so badly.  He doesn't know, he wants to know, and it's my responsibility to tell him!  I wanted to soooooooo badly but that's why I need to keep studying.  This place is amazing, everything from high  school Spanish has come back to me and it's incredible.  I'm slowly learning more and more but I know that this isn't impossible, if I work my hardest and continue to work, I will be given the gift of tongues more than I already have.  
 
I love this place, Mom, to answer your question, I love the food, it's fantastic.  I miss everyone but like Mom said, it's not so much a hurt miss as it is a wondering what's going on miss, I want to know whats going on with everyone.  People that have my email, WRITE ME!!!  I never got why Nicole was so insistent about writing but now I do, hearing from home is THE BEST!!!!  I want to hear from everyone!  Especially a select few, you know who you are (Mom, Dad, Meagan, Katlin, Jaymie, Brad, Grandparents, Wendi, etc.)  Dearelder me, email me, DO IT ALL!!!!   I also want people to send me pictures, print some out and stick them in an envelope and send them to me (I want letters and pictures specifically from the people mentioned before.  
 
It's hard work that we do here and the days are long but it's a lot of fun, it's an amazing work that we're doing.  My comp is Elder Orton from South Jordan, he's a good kid, we're working on the language but it's really hard, we're doing our best though. OH MOM, we're not talking only in Spanish, but yesterday after teaching Jesus, we decided to make a challenge to ourselves to only speak in Spanish in the classroom and to always say what Spanish we know outside of the classroom.  We also only pray in Spanish.  
 
How's stuff with the wedding going?  How's everyone doing?  Bueno I hope.  Just let me know what's going on (in Riverton & Rexburg) because I do think about everyone quite a lot.  We only have 30 minutes to write and then it kicks us off so I'm going to go to make sure that I can get this email out, love you all! La iglesia es verdad! 
 
-Elder Westenskow

No comments:

Post a Comment